in a Nutshell
TEMA is a four year long project funded by the European Union flagship research and Innovation programme Horizon Europe, under the call HORIZON-CL4-2022-DATA-01-01 “Methods for exploiting data and knowledge for extremely precise outcomes (analysis, prediction, decision support), reducing complexity and presenting insights in understandable way”.
The objectives of TEMA are specifically to:
- Improve Natural Disaster Management using new digital technologies and extreme data analytics;
- Improve and accelerate extreme data analytics, by increasing trustworthiness, accuracy and responsiveness of extreme data analysis algorithms;
- Improve and accelerate emergency phenomenon modeling, evolution predictions, simulation and interactive visualization;
The goal of TEMA is to deliver a technical solution that is supportive in disaster response and management by bringing situational data to relevant end-users, enabling transferability to tackle different disaster types in various geographic region thus providing the relevant information that can help make the best possible operative decisions. TEMA will provide a tool that:
- is an AI-enabled Natural Disaster Management platform that will allow precise replication and modeling of real events;
- offers precise semantic 3D area mapping and NDM event prediction over a long time period;
- has interactive, intuitive and accessible visualization enabled by advanced augmented reality.
It will allow human operators to understand complex Natural Disaster Management phenomena and easily evaluate alternative response strategies by a smart selection of platform parameters and by novel ways of combining heterogeneous (visual and non-visual) data and/or augmented reality.